When talking about men’s pants, black and navy-blue colors are the standard of sophistication. But, in today’s fashion scene, tan pants are becoming a trend. If you consider adding some tan to your wardrobe or you already have one, it’s important to know what color shirts go with it. That is why we’re here to help you.
Tan pants are always overlooked, but once you learn the perfect color shirts and styles that go with them, you’ll never regret buying a pair. So, read on!
Shirts and Tan Pants Combination
You can always play with long or short designs, wide-legged or slim, when it comes to tan pants. No matter what design or style you choose, you’ll need to pick out a suitable color for the top.
With tan pants, almost all light colors are good options, no matter how light or dark the pants are. For a more formal touch, wear any pastel-colored tops.
If you want to bring out the color of your pants, try wearing a yellow shirt. At first, you might think it won’t complement each other, but you’ll get surprised how these two colors work well together.
Ruby Red Color
Ruby red or any jewel tones are particularly suitable for fall and early winter, giving the combination with tan pants a soft, earthy quality.
A brown top that’s close to the shade of your tan jeans will need an extra effort. You’ll need to spice the top a little bit if you’re not going for a monotonous look.
For over a decade now, tan and blue have been a common combination in light and dark hues.
If you want to pull off a modern look, pairing your tan pants and a black shirt will be the perfect combination for that.
You can select a heavy, medium, or light-colored shirt if you have dark brown pants. However, if you have light or medium brown pants, stick to lighter shades.
Tan Shorts Outfit Ideas for Men
You’ll be amazed at how many great outfits you can create from tan pants once you go through the outfit ideas we listed below. Ready?
- Choose a green-yellow floral short sleeve shirt and tan pants for a laid-back ensemble; these two pieces match very well together. To turn up the classy vibe, rock this look with a pair of gray athletic sneakers.
- If you opt for a classy yet casual look, you can wear a grey crew-neck sweater and tan pants. To level up your look, wear your favorite black leather boat shoes.
- Wearing a dark-green barn jacket, navy polo, and tan trousers is incredibly easy to put together in no time flat, making you look great and ready for everything. This is a great off-duty outfit when you pair it with black suede tassel loafers.
- Another on-trend outfit idea is a combination of a white crew-neck sweater and tan trousers. Complete this ensemble with white leather low-top shoes to add a touch of classiness.
- In any guy’s versatile casual closet, a light blue denim jacket and tan pants are important. To make this look complementary, finish it with low-top white canvas shoes.
- For a not-so-formal outfit, put on a grey V-neck sweater and tan pants. Finish it with a pair of white suede derby shoes to add extra classiness.
- If you have no spare time to dress up but would want to look fine, a white crew-neck t-shirt and tan trousers make the best combinations—the wow factor of every look ramps up seamlessly with a pair of dark brown suede loafers.
- For a semi-formal and trendy ensemble, opt for a beige vertical striped long-sleeve shirt paired with your tan trousers. Complement your look with brown suede slip-on shoes to add depth.
- With a brown suede blazer and tan trousers, you can inject personality into your outfit. Add a pair of black velvet loafers for a stylish on- and off-duty combination.
- For another semi-formal outfit that’s sophisticated and camera-worthy, wear a navy crew-neck sweater over a white dress shirt paired with tan pants. For the final touch up, put on white canvas low top sneakers.
- Go with your grey knit blazer, brown polo, and tan trousers for another trendy outfit concept. Without a second thought, this look is effortless to put together, making you look on-trend and ready for anything without wasting too much time searching through your closet. For additional classiness, match this style with a pair of white canvas low-top sneakers.
- If you want to look sophisticated and seriously stylish, the combination of a beige double-breasted blazer and tan pants is a never-failing choice. Add your dark brown suede loafers to the mix for something more on the classy side to round off your look.
- If you want to add an alpha essence to your outfit, start wearing a gray blazer, tan crew neck shirt, and tan pants. Round this outfit off with white canvas low top sneakers and see how great of an idea this one is.
- You’ll be surprised at how simple getting dressed is with just a black blazer paired with tan trousers. For a more polished approach, wear your favorite navy suede loafers.
- For a neat and refined look, go for a blue check blazer over a white dress shirt and a blue floral tie with tan trousers. Put on a pair of tobacco leather tassel loafers to put a trendy spin on an otherwise seamless ensemble.
- For a smart and refined look, pairing a marine double-breasted blazer, green vertical striped shirt, with tan pants is an on-point option. If you are hesitant about making this look complete, you’ll never go wrong with tobacco leather tassel loafers.
- Unleash your inner Kingsman agent and match your tan pants with a burgundy blazer. To quickly turn up the classy aspect of your look, complete it with burgundy leather tassel loafers, and you’ll now become a party stealer.
The Bottom Line
Tan pants may not be the usual choice, but with their versatility and classiness, we can safely say that we all need a pair in your closet. If you want to look casual yet stylish, or formal and at the same time sophisticated, you can always pull your tan pants out of your wardrobe. So, are you going to get yourself one pair or two?
READ ALSO: What Color Shirt Goes with Gray Shorts