A pool party is one of many kinds of parties that most, if not everyone, loves and enjoys. Even if you’re not swimming, sipping cocktails on the poolside is always a blast. And being invited to a pool party is an opportunity to experiment with your wardrobe and be a little more casual or formal, depending on the party’s theme. Nonetheless, pool parties are great moments to be stylish.
Pool parties are a great way to meet new people and chill, but what should you wear? You probably want to look and feel fashionable, but you also want to be comfortable and practical. Well, don’t worry; we’ve got you covered.
Formal Pool Party Outfit Staples
If you want to pull off a pool party outfit, you need to be wardrobe-ready. Check your closet for clothing staples that you’ll surely need to have a great outfit, and if you don’t have some of it, maybe it is time to go shopping and replenish your wardrobe.
Here are the fashion staples you’ll be needing for that stylish pool party outfit.
Chinos are a great alternative to jeans that can be worn throughout the year, especially on hot days. It adds a touch of elegance to your ensemble, making it stand out. So, we believe that every man should have a pair or two of white chinos and beige and navy chinos. Such colors instantly exude undeniable style and confidence, and you appear to be ready to rock the party in style.
Short sleeve shirts appear to be an excellent option for hot and sunny days. However, the cut, color, collar type, and patterning should all be taken into consideration. A casual button-down collar is the best choice for these shirts. If you want to get noticed and be pool party-ready, go for white or pastel colors. Also, patterns should not be overlooked. Choose between a pinstripe or a less formal checked pattern, or just some plain one, and you’re good to go.
Dress shirts, the white ones specifically, are a no-brainer clothing staple that you should have in your wardrobe. The fact that you can wear it on any occasion is the very reason why you need to get one or two of its kind. A white dress or even the light blue one will help you style your formal pool party outfit with ease.
Loafers go with everything and are a great go-to option when you’re not sure what to wear. It works particularly well if you’re wearing chinos because of both pieces’ polished yet relaxed aesthetic. You can wear it to smart casual, semi-formal, and cocktail events with ease.
Boat shoes, which are similar to loafers but are less versatile, always have a distinctive appearance. This pair of shoes exude a preppy vibe that is both refined and laid-back. And for the perfect take on this trendy look, pair boat shoes with white chinos, a lightweight button-up, and a linen blazer.
Pool Party Outfit Ideas
Now that you already know what fashion staples you should have, it is time to decide what outfit you will wear to the party. But when deciding what to wear to a pool party, you should start by determining whether or not there will be swimming involved.
Now, if you know you won’t be swimming, or the crowd appears to be far too sophisticated for such antics, and the pool is just a backdrop, here are some outfit options to consider.
Formal Pool Party Outfits for Men
- To create an exciting and put-together look, pair a white blazer with white chinos. You can also complement this outfit with tan suede loafers if you want to spruce your outfit with just one item quickly.
- A dark brown long sleeve shirt and white chinos are another great formal pool party outfit. Apart from being extremely comfortable, both pieces look fantastic when worn together. With a pair of black leather tassel loafers, you can now complete your look with ease.
- The combination of a white and navy print long sleeve shirt and white chinos is always a winner in any sartorial situation where comfort is valued. If you want to turn it up a notch with your footwear, toss in a pair of navy leather loafers for good measure.
- Even on hot summer days, a mint chambray long sleeve shirt and white chinos will demonstrate your fashion excellence. To make a mostly classic outfit feel edgier, add a pair of white canvas low-top sneakers to the mix.
Semi-formal Pool Party Outfits for Men
- Dress in a white short sleeve shirt and pink chinos for a dapper, laid-back outfit for a stylish pool party outfit. Finish off your look with a pair of white canvas low-top sneakers, and you’re done. On a scorching hot summer afternoon, a stunning outfit like this is precisely what you need.
- Combine a light blue dress shirt with white jeans for a dressy, but not overly so, menswear look. Finish your outfit with brown suede oxford shoes to add a touch of sophistication.
- If you prefer comfortable outfits, pairing a white short sleeve shirt and tobacco chinos is for you. An otherwise conventional outfit will benefit from the addition of black leather sandals, which will add a dash of stylish casualness. Even in the scorching heat, it is still possible to look light and breezy with this outfit.
- In the easy-to-wear combination of a white short-sleeve shirt and white chinos, you’ll surely be ready to get things done. Make a statement with a more refined pair of shoes, like brown leather loafers. If you’re looking for a great, pool party-appropriate outfit, this is a foolproof option.
- You can dress in a white short-sleeve shirt, and navy chinos for a relaxed pool party look because these two items go well together. This outfit will look great with a pair of navy suede driving shoes. And if you want to feel cool and stylish on those scorching summer days, this outfit is perfect for that.
The Bottom Line
Although pool parties often require swimming or getting wet, you’ll be surprised that formal pool parties are a thing. And when you’re invited to such kind, you’ll definitely be wardrobe ready with all the outfit suggestions and ideas listed above.
READ ALSO: What to Wear to Thanksgiving Dinner for Men