You might have heard some things about baby showers, but what if you were invited to one? Do you know what to wear?
Usually, it’s the ladies who get invited to baby showers. But when your invitation finally arrives, there’s no need to stress about what to wear. We’re here to give you some outfit ideas. Ready?
Like any other party, the key to putting-off a great outfit is for you to know the theme of the baby shower. That way, you’ll be outfit ready, and not have to worry whether you dressed appropriately or not.
The Basics: Men’s Basic Baby Shower Outfit
As we said earlier, your baby shower outfit depends highly on the party’s theme and where it’s held. Is it just a normal party that doesn’t require you to dress up? Or is it more on a formal side and requires you to suit up? Is it on the beach or just a simple house party?
If you’re still confused about what to wear, we listed the 2 basic outfit colors men can choose from.
Wearing Blue to a Baby Shower
At this point, most baby showers reveal the gender of the baby. And for every gender reveal and baby shower party, there are always two (2) teams, Team Boy and Team Girl.
To show support to the parents, wear blue if you root for the baby to be a boy. You can wear a blue polo shirt or button-down shirt paired with your favorite white chino pants. This ensemble will pass the not-too-casual yet not-too-formal outfit.
Wearing Pink to a Baby Shower
Well, if you’re not on Team Boy, you can always opt to join Team Girl. If you have a strong vibe that the baby is a girl, wear a light pink polo or button-down shirt. As we all know, there is no harm in wearing pink, as long as you partner it with the right pants and right shoes.
Baby Shower Outfit Ideas for Men
Since we established the basic colors men wear at baby showers, we should also list full outfits to wear to casual or formal parties.
Blue Shirt Casual Outfits
- For guys who favor effortlessly trendy designs, a tan crew-neck sweater over a light blue shirt paired with light blue jeans is a sartorial fantasy. Shake up this outfit by rocking white low top sneakers.
- Pair a light blue dress shirt with beige chinos for an ensemble that gives a modern, sartorially-savvy, and casually neat look. For this style, a pair of dark brown suede loafers will surely add some elegant twist.
- Consider pairing a light blue denim shirt and brown print crew-neck t-shirt with light blue skinny jeans for a bold, casual yet dapper outfit. A pair of white leather low top sneakers is guaranteed to pump a dose of style into your look.
- If the situation permits a comfortable casual outfit, try matching a light blue long sleeve shirt with black chinos. To automatically dial up your outfit’s wow factor, a pair of black leather derby shoes is what you need.
- If you want to pull off a seriously stylish look, match a light blue shirt, white polo, and white chinos. Throw in a pair of red canvas low-top sneakers to your ensemble for an instant upgrade.
Blue Shirt Formal Outfits
- For a brilliant outfit, consider matching a light blue linen long-sleeve shirt with white dress trousers. A pair of tan suede loafers easily steps up any outfit’s classy element.
- For an outfit that’s formally sleek and wow-worthy, wear a light blue dress shirt, navy cardigan, tan double-breasted blazer, and navy jeans. Complete your look with dark brown leather loafers for something more on the classier end.
- Combining a light blue chambray dress shirt and white chinos will strengthen your versatility in menswear styling. And a pair of boat shoes in charcoal leather to instantly up the fashion element of your outfit.
Pink Shirt Casual Outfits
- The casual combination of a blue crew-neck sweater, pink long-sleeve, and white chinos is super easy to put together, helping you look dapper and ready for anything without wasting some time searching through your closet. You can round out your attire with brown suede loafers.
- For a trendy and easy-to-create ensemble, pair a pink long-sleeve shirt with gray jeans. Then, wear your pair of oxford shoes in dark brown leather to spice things up.
- We love how a man instantly looks sharp and sophisticated with the combination of a pink long-sleeve shirt and white dress trousers. A pair of brown leather tassel loafers fits exceptionally well in this outfit.
- For a laid-back style, a pink vertical striped long sleeve shirt and beige chinos are the ones for you. To give your overall outfit a more stylish touch, pair your outfit with brown leather oxford shoes.
- If you want to look trendy without exerting much effort, wear a hot pink short-sleeve shirt and pair it with white jeans. Complete this outfit with a pair of brown leather oxford shoes for extra polish.
Pink Shirt Formal Outfits
- Putting together a camel overcoat and pink dress shirt with navy chinos is an on-point choice for an effortlessly elegant look. And if you wonder how your getup can be complemented, wear a pair of black suede derby shoes for a glance-stealer outfit.
- For a neat, sophisticated getup, try matching a navy blazer and pink dress shirt with beige linen dress pants. Black suede double monks are a safe type of footwear that tops off the whole look.
- You’ll be surprised at how simple it is for any guy to put together an effortlessly neat look. Just a pink blazer, pink dress shirt matched with white chinos is all you’ll ever need to be baby-shower-ready. A pair of burgundy leather loafers is the final touch to this stylish outfit.
You can choose to wear something that allows you to match the party colors if pink and blue are not a mandatory dress code. Typically, this can be decided from the invitation, as the decor always coincides with what you see when you arrive.
When you start digging through your closet or head out shopping to find something to wear, keep the invitation with you, or keep in mind the party’s location.
After choosing what to wear to your baby shower, you can also consider adding some decorations. Such as pins, you can customize some pins according to the theme of party. Show your support for a baby boy or girl by customizing the pin with picture EnamelPins with blue or pink elements. These enamel pins are beautifully crafted and creative. You can also give them to friends and relatives who attended the baby shower together, I believe the host of the party will be very happy because of your thoughtfulness! Welcome to the popular enamel pins maker – EnamelPins to custom pins!
The Bottom Line
It’s best to keep it stylish and comfy if there are no specific dress code demands on the invitation, and you’re not interested in dressing according to the theme. You don’t want to be overdressed, nor do you want the couple to be upstaged on their special day.
There aren’t stringent guidelines when it comes to baby shower outfits, especially for men. Because at the end of the day, what you choose to wear to a baby shower or gender-reveal party is all about what you feel comfortable in. You don’t want to let your closet ruin a lot of fun. So, stick to stuff that makes you feel your best.
READ ALSO: What to Wear to Thanksgiving Dinner for Men